Sunday, January 29, 2006

122. Auroras

.
Ever since I was little I have wanted to see the northern lights. I have only seen a few here, and nothing like you see in the photos. A few times I have seen what looks like a hard-to-see greenish arch across the sky. The best auroras I have seen were years ago from an airplane while over Minnesota. This may be a bad winter for them; winters vary in an 11 year cycle, based on sunspots. 2 years ago was the best year in the cycle.
.
If anyone from Deering reads this - If you see northern lights, please call me to let me know. I don't care what time of the night it is. Really. Thanks!!
.

Comments:
And if you manage to see them, please post some pictures on your site, so us Jews under the Southern Cross can see them too :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?