Friday, December 09, 2005

95. Q & A II




Answers to questions I’ve been asked:

Q. Is Deering so far west it’s east?

A. No. To get east you have to go further west, like to the Aleutians.

Q. Are there bluffs? I looked up some stuff about Deering and saw something about bluffs.

A. Yes, there are bluffs to the west of town. See picture. I think people are buried there.

Q. What are you doing without television?

A. Desperately trying to get TV!!! I ordered a dish to be sent, so I can get satellite TV. The satellite people are out of dishes at the moment, however, so they can’t send me anything. (They did not let that fact stop them from charging my credit card, however.)

Q. What kosher meat is available in Deering?

A. None in Deering. The school staff gets together and puts in a bulk order from Anchorage ordered through some service that puts orders together. Through them I can get Sinai 48 polish sausages and Sinai 48 dinner franks. Those are those HUGE hotdogs I love!!

Q. Can I get a Deering School T-shirt?

A. No, there are no school shirts. Thee are Deering sweatshirts and t-shirts available, however. They say “Deering Alaska” on them and have a bear paw print. See picture.

Q. How is Max doing with the cold?

A. Max is doing fine. He loves going outside and running in the snow.

Q. When are they going to add you to the school website?

A. Good question. But the website includes people who don’t work there anymore, so it balances out.

Q. Are you closer to Russia or Canada?

A. I'm not sure.

Comments:
You are much closer to Russia than Canada
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?