Friday, November 11, 2005

66. Northern Lights I

.
A friend, Jim, called at 5:36 am to tell me there were Northern Lights outside. (OK, actually, my telephone rang at 5:36, but I could not find it in the dark, and no one left a message. I assumed it was Jim calling me to tell me there are Northern Lights out. I tried calling him back, but I don't have his number and it turns out that *69 does not work here.)
.
I went outside. There was a large greenish arc of light across the sky, sort of like the Nike Swoosh, but upside down. While I was watching, the center got thicker, and then thinner again.
.
My camera did not get it. I'll have to get a hold of a tripod and figure out how to set my camera for longer exposures.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?